Tuesday 8 September 2009

I HAVE A DREAM




I HAVE A DREAM

I have a dream of an Iran where people have every right to choose their leaders.
I have a dream of a nation that can live freely and not be terrorized if they hold their leaders accountable.
I have a dream of a prosperous Iran in which there is no sign of poverty and destitution.
I have a dream of one day no father will have to sell his kidney to send his son to the university.
Oh I have a dream of an Iranian mother who will not have to sell her body to feed her children.
I have a dream of one day Iran will regain its pride and glory.
I have a dream of one day people can just cast their ballot papers knowing that it matters to the regime.
I have a dream of an Iran in which none will be beaten to death if wanted to speak out.
I have a dream of a country without secret, overcrowded detention centers.
I have a dream of one day no brother and sister will have to go through the endless pictures of dead bodies to find their fathers.
I have a dream that one day no mother will have to search for the body of her beloved teenager in a remote cold storage room.
I have a dream that one day no father will have to pay for the bullets which killed his son.
I have a dream that one day no family will have to moan for their children who were unjustly taken away from them.

I have a dream that one day no innocent girl will have to remind herself of what went on in the darkness of that cell.

Oh I have a dream today.

This is an Iranian dream. This is our dream. It is about a free country in which we can celebrate our victory against bad and evil.

Let us pray for our freedom, for our dream.

Shahin M

No comments:

Post a Comment